Monday, November 8, 2010

Walk for Peace: Day Four

Seventeen miles.
    That's how far we walked today. The funny thing was, I was in much less pain after those 17 miles than I was after the seven miles I walked on Wednesday.
    It was an amazing experience to walk alongside everyone from Bangor to Belfast. Last night's pot luck supper at the Bangor Peace & Justice Center was great - good food, good music from Voices for Peace, and wonderful contributions from the community.
    One gentleman held up a bumper sticker that I had seen in the Hannaford parking lot the day before, which read:
    HONOR THE DEAD
    HEAL THE WOUNDED
    END THE WAR.
    I loved that. That is why I'm walking. That is why I keep going. That is everything I want for the men and women who have served and are still serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment